If you are searching for “water jet cutting“, “waterjet services“, “abrasive water jet machining“,”water jet machining“, “abrasive jet machining” or “water jet cutting services near me” anywhere near Phoenix or Chandler, East Valley Precision can help! East Valley Precision offers precision water jet cutting services for all types of industries including architecture, aerospace and more. Our New OMAX 55100 Water Jet cutting machine will cut Virtually any Material and Hardness with an Accuracy and Repeatability of + / – 0.003 Inches!
Our New OMAX 55100 Water Jet Cutting Machine will cut Virtually any Material and Hardness with an Accuracy and Repeatability of + / – 0.003 Inches!
- … And Many More!
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Military & Defense
- Signage Manufacturers
- Food Processing Equipment
- Solar & Renewable Energy
- Carbon Fiber
- Mild Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Stainless Steel
- Tool Steel
Benefits & Features of our Water Jet Cutting Machine – The OMAX 55100
- Best precision and fastest cutting speeds compared to every abrasive water jet cutting machine in the industry
- Accurate and robust design for reliable operation and tight tolerance cutting
- Precision ball screws and pre-loaded linear bearings
- Sealed drive system against grit, dirt and water
- Minimal fixturing and no tool changes dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a large variety of thicknesses and materials, from composites and metals to plastics and glass.
- Reduces secondary options by leaving behind smooth edge
- Does not create mechanical stresses or heat-affected zones
- No noxious oils, liquid or fumes caused by, or used in, the machining process
- Low electrical consumption when compared to other pump technology
- High efficiency pump available in 100hp, 50hp, 40hp or 30hp w/ operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Uses less cooling water than hydraulic intensifier pumps
What Is a Water Jet or Water Jet Cutting?
A water jet (also known as waterjet or water jet cutter) is an industrial tool used to cut a wide variety of materials with high pressured jets of water. Water-only cutting refers to water jet cutting without the use of abrasives. Water-only cutting is typically used on softer materials like rubber or wood.
What Is Abrasive Water Jet Machining?
Abrasive Jet Machining (AJM) or micro-abrasive blasting can be used to cut a variety of materials such as steel, titanium, fiberglass, ceramic and more. A granular abrasive is added to increase the water jet’s cutting power. Due to the abrasive being added at the nozzle, it allows us to switch between abrasive waterjet or water only cutting.
Water Jet Cutting Process
Water jet cutting begins with the intensifier pump creating high pressure water (up to 90,000psi) needed for cutting harder materials like metal. The pump utilizes a hydraulic pressure over water system. A large motor drives the pump, creating pressure which powers the piston into a cylinder.
- Water input. The low pressure water input pulls water through a high pressure tube
- Boost pump. Pumps the water
- Inlet filter. The water is forced through the inlet water filter
- Inlet check valves. Then the water is forced through the inlet check valves into the intensifier
- Pressure. The hydraulic pump pressurizes the fluid and switches between the 2 sides of the piston. The pressure is created with the hydraulic piston which also creates pressure on the water in the intensifier. The pressure is maximized by the larger cylinder pushing a small piston into a water filled cylinder.
- Accumulator. Then the high pressured water flows into the accumulator. The accumulator smoothes out any pressure ripples.
- Cutting head. The water then flows through the high pressure tubing into the cutting head; The off valve controls the flow of water in the cutting head. this allows the CNC machine to stop and start the process at the right time.
- Orifice. The pressurized water is applied to an orifice (defines & creates water streams used to cut through material). The water is mixed with abrasive as it exits the orifice for cutting harder materials.
- Abrasive. The garnet abrasive is mixed with the water inside the mixing chamber. The flow of abrasive can be controlled by using the abrasive metering system. When cutting hard material the abrasive is what actually does the cutting.
Water Jet Cutting Machine Working Principle
The working principle of a water jet cutting machine is very similar the principle of erosion. When a jet of water (shot at high velocity) strikes material, material removal takes place. Water jet only cutting is used to cut softer materials like rubber or foam. Abrasive jet machining (AJM) is used to cut harder materials like metal.
Applications Of Water Jet Machining
Water jets have the ability to cut most materials and thickness’. The applications of water jet machining include:
- Titanium bodies in military aircrafts
- Engine parts (heat-resistant alloys, titanium, aluminum)
- Body parts made out of aluminum
- Cabin panels in the interior of the aircraft
Architectural & Art Applications
- Sign letters in plastics, brass, aluminum, steel, glass, marble, etc.
- Outdoor metal artwork at them park, museum, etc.
- Stained glass cutting for Church Mosaics, crafts, lamp shades, etc.
- Kitchen counter-tops, murals, border tiles, etc.
- Copper head gaskets
- Custom motorcycle bodies
- Interior trim (door panels, instrument panels, trunk liners, carpet, headliners)
- Fiberglass components (under-hood, firewall, insulation, etc.
- Truck bed liners
- Specialty brake disks
- Specialty clutch components
- Bathroom and kitchen splash backs
- Bullet-proof, optical and laminated glass
- To cut glass used in medical and electronic industries
- Wall inlay, table top inlay, flooring inlay
- To cut lens blanks from quartz and glass
- To cut space shuttle glass panels
- To cut replacement auto glass for classic cars
- Stained glass
- Aircraft, motorcycle, small engine, marine and automotive
- Teflon, copper, metal, laminated (metal/fiberglass)
- Corkboard, rubber
- Graphite and stainless laminates
Food Processing Applications
- Cake/snack products
- Vegetable slicing (mushrooms, celery, etc.)
- Meat processing (chicken strips, chicken nuggets, frozen fish, etc)
- Cable stripping
- Circuit boards (unpopulated & populated)
- Custom and short run control panels and electrical enclosures
- Elevator control panels
- Portable generator components
- Using special steel alloys to blank out surgical instruments
- Using carbon fiber to cut artificial limb components
- Manufacturing orthopedic appliances and carbon braces
- Dividers for holding medical instruments
- For making custom border tiles
- Wall and flood inlays
- Vanity and kitchen bench tops
- Customized stepping stones
- Motel floors